Art / Media Teachers - Film & Video Workshop
Film/Video - Workshop
Morning session (power point)
A detailed explanation of the workings of B.C.’s film production industry.
Areas covered include:
- The film unit from producer to production assistant.
- The camera team and their jobs.
- The key jobs behind the camera.
- Film Schools in B.C.
- Training needed to get into film.
- The filmmaker life style.
- Pay scales.
- Working conditions.
- Attitudes needed to work in film.
- Types of productions from drama to educational films.
Afternoon session (hands on)An opportunity to see how professional films and videos
are lit and shot. The workshops utilizes a high end video
production camera along with professional lighting and
grip equipment. Areas covered include:
- Key, fill and back lighting
- Lighting ratios for video
- Bounce Board lighting
- The 180 degree line
- Depth of field considerations
- Masters, coverage, cutaways, reaction and inserts
- Slating the takes
- Shooting for ease of editing
- Image displacement technique
- How to build a simple camera dolly system
- How to handle lens flair in outdoor shooting
- Many more tips and techniques
Teachers are encouraged to bring their video cameras to document
the workshop session for further study.
My previous seminars for teachers have included a variety of levels
from grade 8 -12 and I have had the pleasure of presenting my
seminars and workshops to a number of colleges and high schools
around B.C. including:
- Surrey School District - Pro-D
- Nanaimo School District - Pro-D
- Burnaby North School District - Pro-D
- Chilliwack School Distict - Pro-D
- Kelowna School District - Pro-D
- Okanagan School of Arts
- Okanagan College
- Golden, College of the Rockies
- Camosun College.
- Invermere, College of the Rockies
- Royal Roads University
- Prince George Film Commission
- Kamloops Film Commission
- Kamloops School District
- North Island College
- Selkirk College, Nelson, B.C.
- Revelstoke Arts and Business Council
workshop please contact:
Barry Casson c.s.c.
Former President, Victoria Motion Picture School
Author: "The Video Bible”
(step by step tools for creating outstanding, persuasive videos
Off. 250-721-2113 Cell: 250- 744-8664 Toll free 1-888-434-5603
I look forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks, Barry
Join Our Email List
Warning: Parameter 1 to modMainMenuHelper::buildXML() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/barry/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/handler/callback.php on line 99
To book Barry for your next seminar or workshop contact:
What is it about this seminar that you would recommend to others?
"Barry is an excellent orator and communicator. I personally found the seminar very interesting, and believe it should be made available to wider audiences"
-- Heather Overy, Executive Director, Invermere Chamber
"Barry Casson gave me my first job on a film set over 20 years ago and his influence and knowledge are still with me today. He has an easygoing way of sharing his knowledge with others, and he is a compelling and entertaining speaker. Book him today - you won't be disappointed."
--Tim Moshansky, Location Scout and Author, A to Z Guide to Film Terms
How did the seminar meet with your expectations?
"Very good, informative and accurate. A must for communities outside areas of film commissions"
-- Warner E Einer, former production manager
"Great - new ideas, how to etc., A great promotional idea for our Chamber of Commerce"
-- Patricia Kilback, Radium Hotsprings Lodge